Tisha for Supervisor
A True Conservative Republican for District 2
We live in a beautiful community known as San Tan Valley. I want you to know that I will represent your needs with commitment to conservative values. I won’t allow special interests to sway me – and I certainly will hold all departments accountable to the budget. I have spoken extensively to so many of you and you have told me that holding down expenses is important to you…holding down taxes is important to you – And what is important to you is vitally important to me!
I am passionate about our community and my record of involvement speaks for itself. I’m not “all talk” and I have always made our beautiful community a priority. Just like you, I believe our elected officials must be held accountable for their actions and decisions. And I want you to hold me accountable as your Supervisor!
So while I am a positive person, one who sees the glass as always “half full” I am also a realist and know that sometimes tough decisions are needed. I am ready to do that for you. To keep taxes low and service levels high. To encourage economic growth and to ensure our community is safe.
A little bit about me…
I was honored to receive the 2009 San Tan Area Volunteer of the Year award and was awarded the ACE Jack Camper Scholarship twice, to attend Winter Institute, sponsored by the US Chamber of Commerce. I strongly support local business!
I was a board member of the San Tan Valley Chamber of Commerce and later served as the volunteer President/CEO of the San Tan Valley Chamber of Commerce from 2010-2014.
My husband and I own an IT company. MyBiznow.com provides a wide range of products and services to business of all sizes. We were the 2009 San Tan Area Business of the Year and are proud members of San Tan Leads. I will guide sustainable and planned growth for our area – without raising taxes!
A RECORD OF SERVICE TO OUR DISTRICT
- One of the founding CORE members of GSTAC, the Greater San Tan Area Coalition, an organization created to bring our area together with one voice. There is strength in numbers, and the only way to control our future is to be united and heard!
- Block Watch Coordinator for the Johnson Ranch Community and also one of the founding members of the Greater San Tan Area Community Block Watch Association.
- Instrumental in bringing Citizen's on Patrol (COP) into San Tan Valley.
- Co-chair for the Tech 4 Kids committee in 2008
- Override passed to allow FUSD #1 to bring tech into our schools.
- Made FUSD #1 the first high school built in 94 years in the Florence District
- Is a 100% tech school, the first in the state of Arizona and a model for others to follow!
- Founded the first Special Olympics group in the San Tan Area, known as the San Tan Bumblebees
- Created KIDS FIRST golf tournament and community event which was held Saturday, September 12th, 2009 to raise needed funds for Poston Butte High School's academic and athletic programs.
- Founding member of San Tan Leads, the first business leads group in San Tan Valley.
- Founding member of the San Tan Valley Substance Abuse Coalition – a coalition that focuses on providing resources for individuals and families dealing with mental illness, substance abuse and multiple or dual diagnosis.
- Proud member of Pinal Partnership, an organization committed to research, planning and coordination of private and public efforts and partnerships. This is VITAL to ensuring that our area and all of Pinal County manages natural resources, community development and needed infrastructure.
- Instrumental in bringing Relay for Life to San Tan Valley & for the first three years, held various Committee Chair positions for the first three years.
- Spent the last two years (2014 & 2015) at the State Capitol, working with legislatures to introduce legislation that would give San Tan Valley/Pinal County residents the right to vote on the type of government that governs them. A strong advocate for our area's Right to Vote on our future.
Tisha Castillo is qualified to do the job! An experienced business owner, and a candidate committed to integrity, transparency and fiscal conservatism.
- 2016 US Chamber of Commerce Institute of Organization Management IOM Graduate
- 2016 Dodie Londen Excellence in Public Service Series Graduate, who was also selected by her peers to give the 2016 graduation speech.
- 2013 Recipient of the Jack Camper Scholarship
- 2011 Recipient of the Jack Camper Scholarship
- 2009 San Tan Area Volunteer of the Year by the San Tan Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2009 San Tan Area Small Business of the Year by the San Tan Area Chamber of Commerce